I’ll just start this post off with I’m sorry you’re going through a breakup! But also excited for you because you’re no longer wasting time in a relationship that wasn’t working out. It’s especially important to practice self care after a breakup because you need some extra TLC when you’re sad.
Be easy on yourself during your moving on period! And adopt a self routine that helps you to both heal emotionally and relax after stressful days.
After my own breakup, I did a lot of these self care practices so I hope you find some of them useful for yourself!
- Have a mental health day and relax without guilt
- Have a long cry in bed
- Watch funny YouTube videos
- Read or listen to a good book
- Talk to your friends and have a venting session
- Watch motivational TED talks
- Do some relaxing yoga or pilates
- Don’t judge yourself if you are sad about your breakup
- Get out of the house and hang with a friend
- Make a happy music playlist and sing
- Write a love letter to yourself
- Have some alone time and explore your body 😉
- Do some guided meditation. I use the Balance app.
- Unfriend your ex’s family and friends. It’s not rude. You’re just protecting yourself and helping your emotional recovery.
- Remove reminders of your ex
- Treat yourself to some ice cream with extra sprinkles
- Distract yourself from negative thoughts with a hobby
- Tell yourself some positive affirmations
- Make plans to hang out with a friend and follow through with them!
- Journal about your breakup
- Write an angry letter to your ex then rip it up
- Be patient with yourself and don’t rush the healing process
- Reflect about your breakup with my breakup workbook
- Make yourself a really good smoothie
- Set 3 goals you want to accomplish and start working towards them
- Make a list of 10 things that make you smile
- Relax with some wine and cheese
Related Post: 31 Fun Self Care Habits to Make Your Week Happier
- Plan a day trip and take lots of photos
- Say no to people more often
- Watch your favorite comedy
- Take a break from social media for a day. Delete the apps!
- Download tinder and do some flirting
- Make a cup of tea and just think
- Cuddle with your pet
- Say out loud “I will be happy again”
DO THE 30 DAY SELF LOVE CHALLENGE!! LOVE YOURSELF A LITTLE MORE EACH DAY!!
There is light at the end of the tunnel, baby girl! You will be happy again and until then take care of yourself!