I love bucket list ideas and thinking big in terms of my goals so I wanted to bless you guys with some bucket list inspiration. I’m sure you already know, but if you don’t, a bucket list is what you want to accomplish before you kick the bucket (aka die).
Usual bucket lists involve skydiving and bungee jumping but this list gives you some ideas for personal growth. 2020 is the year to change your life by working to be a better you so make your own personal development bucket list! A lot of us are stuck at home so it is the perfect time for personal development and self-improvement. Being productive and feeling like you are doing
What are the Areas of Personal Development?
I am going to organize this list by the 5 areas of personal development so first let’s talk about what they are. Personal development has 5 key areas: education, physical, emotional, spiritual, and social.
You may feel really confident in one area but need to improve yourself in another. That’s normal and the very reason you’re here! Make your own unique bucket list prioritizing the areas you need to most work in.
Educational Development Ideas
- Read more or listen to audiobooks with Audible. I just read Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis and found it really inspiring!
- Learn a new language with Duolingo – Queire aprender espanol? Lol that’s all I remember from Spanish class
- Take an online class to learn a new skill
- Do daily crossword puzzles to use some brainpower
- Take an academic class to spruce up your resume
- Do SAT math problems to start using your brain again. I am telling you once you stop using it, you lose it. I used to be good at math in high school. Now, I’m like what is 12 x 9 again?? My mental math is so slow.
- Ask more questions when you are confused
- Teach someone else a skill you are good at
- Read about a topic you are unfamiliar about each week
- Watch Drunk History on Youtube
- Visit a museum or educational site when we are allowed to leave the house again
- Launch your own online business
- Learn a freelance skill like coding or copywriting that can make you some $$$
- Hire a life coach or mentor
- Attend a networking event
- Learn how to trade on the stock market
- Do a DIY project that you have no background in
- Learn how to change a tire and change the oil in your car
- Learn how to play an instrument
- Take an art or cooking class
Physical Development Ideas
- Workout 30 minutes every single day. Pro tip: tell yourself you’ll exercise for just 7 minutes when you are feeling lazy or read this
- Up your water intake. Drink half your body weight in ounces every day. So, if you weigh 150 pounds, drink 75 ounces of water
- Try a new form of exercise like kickboxing, yoga or Tabata. Mix up the routine!
- Get 8 hours of sleep. Stop staying up to mindlessly scroll lol
- Do face masks to keep your pores happy
- Eat a cleaner diet with more vegetables and less added sugar/fat
- Add a stretching routine to your workout. There are so many benefits but a lot of people skip it.
- Train for your first marathon
- Set some weightlifting goals and crush them
- Mix up your morning routine so you don’t fall into a lazy rut. Like take a new way to work one morning
- Orgasm more. And I do mean orgasm for real. Stop faking orgasms!
- Create a bedtime routine that signals your body it is time to start winding it down
- Bring down your phone screen time by 20%. Staring at screens all day is bad for your eyes.
- Improve your posture
- Stop skipping breakfast
- Give yourself relaxation time every day
- Reward yourself when you reach fitness goals
- Actually, go to the doctor for your annual checkup
- Drink less alcohol
- Quit a bad habit like smoking or eating a whole bag of chips in one sitting
Emotional Development Ideas
- Believe in your fucking self. If you don’t believe in yourself, who will?
- Stop the negative self-talk. Be your biggest cheerleader, not your biggest critic.
- Find healthy ways to cope with stress. No, drinking too much and stress eating is not healthy.
- Set daily, weekly and yearly goals for yourself. Live with purpose.
- Actually work towards your goals by breaking them down into smaller, actionable steps to avoid feeling overwhelmed
- Keep a daily journal and reflect on your day
- Do a 30-day self-love challenge
- Practice gratitude. Write down 5 things you will always be grateful for
- Say no more often without feeling guilty about it
- Enforce your personal boundaries with the people in your life
- Take a mental health day and don’t go to work
- Make time to do the things that make you happy
- Meditate everyday
- Identify your emotional weaknesses so you can work on them
- Acknowledge and overcome your limiting beliefs
- Make emotional purges a regular thing. Cry. Scream. Angry Dance. Vent. Just don’t keep any negative emotions bottled up in you.
- Stop procrastinating and figure out what motivates you
- Listen to personal development podcasts
- Hold yourself accountable for mistakes instead of being defensive
- Try to see everything from a positive perspective
Social Development Ideas
- Say yes more when people ask to hang out especially if you always say no
- Have more experiences for the very first time
- Do something that makes you uncomfortable
- Give a speech about something you are passionate about
- Smile and acknowledge every person you see during the day
- Get to know 3 coworkers you only say hello and goodbye
- Go out with friends at least once a week. Social time is important!
- Try new restaurants and pretend like you’re a professional food critic on Yelp
- Start a side hustle or business and make local connections
- Go to a bar and shoot your shot with a handsome stranger
- Reach out to old friends and reconnect
- Stop dating jerks and learn how to brush off romantic rejections. It happens! Doesn’t mean anything is wrong with you.
- Learn about a new culture and try an ethnic cuisine
- Actually listen to what people are saying. Be more present.
- Practice forgiveness and let go of grudges
- Don’t be scared to ask for what you want
- Ask for feedback and be open-minded
- Take calculated risks and learn the habits of high-achievers
- Have a growth mindset
- Be more decisive and have confidence in your choices
Spiritual Development Ideas
- Pray more often
- Travel to clear your mind of your daily stressor
- Meditate 5 to 10 minutes every day
- Volunteer at a food bank or animal shelter
- Go out of your way to help someone else
- Manifest the things you want to come into your life
- Practice mindfulness
- Laugh more and laugh often
- Stop being so jealous and comparing yourself to others
- Join a spiritual group of people – in person or online
- Enjoy life’s little moments
- Always honor your thoughts and feelings
- Ask God for help when you need it
- Create a healing space in your home for meditation and prayer
- Be appreciative of your blessings
- Help someone else restore their faith
- Read the Bible or download a daily Bible verse app
- Connect with nature
- Consciously choose peace over distress
- Get a spiritual reading done
I suggest you make a short bucket list of personal development goals to accomplish by the end of the year. We are already almost halfway through this crazy year so be sure to do something good for yourself. Take some of these simple bucket list ideas and combine them with your own to make your perfect list!
Chase your glow,